The course objectives for basic training are:
* To train Doctors, dentists and registered general nurses to be competent in the administration of dermal fillers.
* Name the layers of the epidermis and describe the therapeutic effects of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, including their limitations when used as a cosmetic treatment.
* Define the mode of action of hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, explaining their therapeutic effects including limitations of use and any concerns with toxicology.
* Select patients suitable for hyaluronic acid dermal fillers, including contra indications and cautions, side effect and possible adverse reactions.
* State any pre-treatment care and recognise the need for consent.
* Identify the need for topical or local anaesthesia and demonstrate the safe administration.
* Demonstrate the safe use of H A dermal fillers, describe the rationale behind the choice of product, dose and injection technique.
* Summarise with appropriate written and verbal aftercare advice to patients who have received HA dermal fillers.
* Demonstrate the appropriate use of clinical record taking and recall good practice, in relation to handling complaints.
* Describe safe storage and disposal methods for products and equipment used.
* Explain the insurance requirements to practice these treatments.