The course objectives for advanced training are:
* To train doctors, dentists and registered general nurses to be competent in the administration of botulinum toxin type A.
* Name the principal muscles involved in the treatment of the advanced areas of the face and neck using botulinum type A.
* Define the mode of action of botulinum toxin type A, explain its therapeutic effects including its limitations of use and any concerns with toxicology.
* Select patients suitable for botulinum toxib type A, identifying contra-indications and cautions, side effect and possible adverse reactions.
* State any pre-treatment care and recongnise the need for consent.
* Demonstrate the safe use of botulinum toxin type A in the brow lift, lower eye lid, nose (bunny lines), cheeks, gummy smiles, lower/upper lip wrinkling, chin, neck, and under arm sweating, including the correct equipment, dose and injection techniques.
* Summarise with appropriate written and verbal aftercare advice to patients who have received botulinum toxin type A.
* Demonstrate the appropriate use of clinical record taking and recall good practice in relation to handling complaints.
* Describe safe storage and disposal methods for products and equipment used.
* Explain the insurance requirements to practise these treatments.